Monday, September 15, 2008







It was such a kickass weekend. Got to meet people like Rafael Moreira, Corey McCormick, Johnny Rabb, Chris Patterson, Nate Morton, Virgil Donati, Mr. Q, Teddy Campbell and his band, Storm Large, Sy Smith etc. We actually got to meet and talk with the musicians. My only deepest regret was not pulling Johnny Rabb aside to take a photograph with him. He's like my favourite drummer ever but I did buy his CD and got his autograph. Best weekend of my life. So great that I had to go on MC today cos I had a splitting headache at the back of my head until I couldn't wake up til 12 20pm. That like never happens ><. I'm going to start planning a schedule for each day of the week so that I don't slack off and I actually practice guitar more. At least an hour each day and 1-3 on weekends depending on what I'm doing. I have never EVER taken a picture with someone I've enjoyed listening to before. This weekend was a first. Hopefully not the last. I've got quite a few autographs on the CDs I bought. I spent about $150 which was crazy. Now I can't spend anymore for the rest of the month cos my budget for extra stuff each month was $200. I do not regret it though cos the autographed CDs and the memories were priceless. PRICELESS.

Work has been killing me. I DO NOT enjoy ITP. Why you ask? It's taking up too much time. The work for my company is endless. I'm required to stay back after 5:30pm (the time I'm supposed to go home at) to finish the endless work I think. Looking at the previous intern, he leaves really late. I have lesser time to play guitar. Lesser time to just relax.

I got to meet new people through Brandon. Chris, Mark, Simon, Edmund, Jason were great people to talk to, very knowledgeble about music. Its like finally I have more friends to talk to about guitar and the kind of music I love. Sometimes when they talk I have no idea what they're talking about which is great. Means I have so much more to learn. Chris asked me to watch their jam session as they're practicing for their new instrumental release. I said okay since its at a reasonable time from 5pm-8pm on Sunday and I'll be able to learn much more by watching. Love to listen to music. Love to play music. Love to learn music. Love to live music. However, a music career would be cool, but its sadly extremely difficult. Especially in Singapore.

No comments: